I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Monday, May 2, 2011

“Hog Valley” has been nominated for the Dan Poynter Global eBook Award

 

GlobalEBookAwardsNominee

 

This is a very big deal, friends and neighbors. Dan Poynter is a mover and shaker in the world of ePublishing, and he has set up this contest for eBooks to ensure national and international recognition for the best of the best in electronic books. “Hog Valley” has been nominated for this award.

If you have read the novel in either paperback or in Kindle format, please click on the link below and give the novel a rating (preferably the highest), and leave a brief comment on your opinion of the story:

http://awardsforebooks.com/book-writing-contest/fiction-mystery-suspense-thriller/hog-valley/

Just below the book title “Hog Valley”, on the top left of the page, you will see 5 ‘E’s. Click on the right hand ‘E’ to give the novel the highest possible rating. Further down the page is a Comment box. Please leave a brief comment about your response to the story.

I cannot promise to name my first-born child after you. He’s 25, much larger and meaner than I am, and he would probably object to having his name changed. But I would still be very grateful to you.

Awards mean a great deal to the commercial success of any novel. Not only does the author get a pretty sticker to put on his book covers, but major publishing houses, literary agents, book reviewers and readers all pay attention to these awards and the author whose work grabbed that particular brass ring.

“The Big Bend” and “Hog Valley” are both available in paperback and  the Kindle eBook format, and my third novel, “Twisted Key” has recently been released in Kindle format. It should also be available in paperback some time in July or early August.

Right now, the Kindle versions of my books are on a par with the paperback sales. As awareness of Terry Rankin stories grows I fully expect Kindle sales to outpace paperback sales. That is the way the publishing industry is moving. eBooks have all sorts of advantages over paperbacks – price is only the most obvious of those differences.

I’ll get my regular post out in another few days.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment