I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

“Twisted Key” in Kindle format

I have been placed in the unenviable position of having to make an executive decision for which I find myself criminally ill-equipped. The MS for “Twisted Key” has been ready to go to the publisher for some time, and I have had the photography of the cover art (painted by my good friend Mickey Summers) for the last few weeks. But a few unfortunate delays have pushed out the publishing date for the paperback version until July.

However, the Kindle beckoned.

My hope was that I would produce the Kindle version at the same time the paperback version became available. I could not rationalize waiting that long before making the Kindle version available for those who own Kindles.

So that’s what I did with my day (so far – it’s only ten am and there’s no telling what kind of trouble I’ll get into later on). I sized the cover art to 6” X 9” and added a title and author name, as you can see below:

 

TKCoverArtFinal Kindle

 

Then I cleaned up the *.doc file and uploaded the two files to the Kindle Publisher. It should be available for sale at www.amazon.com some time in the next few days. I’ll provide a direct link in my next blog post. In a few days, say Saturday or Sunday,  do a search for my name in the books section of the Amazon site. That should bring up all of my published works, including the Kindle version of “Twisted Key”.  Just so you know, it’s priced as $9.95.

I’ve mentioned this before, but the three readers who had access to the completed manuscript all said it is a very interesting and edge-of-the-seat story.  One reader, Kathy O’Donnell, the owner of the “Well Loved Books” bookstore here in Orange Park, read it in six hours. When I asked how she did that, she said one of the reasons was that Spike is back in the story line. That’s right, the six-toed marina cat is back, and just as feisty as ever.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment