I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I’m suffering from a burst of optimism

 

Hi, Folks:

I expect the printed Proof copy of “Hog Valley” to be in my hands very close to the end of this month. The novel should be available for purchase on Amazon and my web site within another ten days. Or so.

I've placed a thumbnail of the cover art for "Hog Valley" on my web site www.garyshowalter.com. It's worth a look.

I’ll let you know the day it becomes available.

“Twisted Key” is lagging. I haven’t written a word in the manuscript in a few months. Life has gotten in my way in a very big way. Health issues, mostly, and moving apartments, and more health issues. But I can see the end of the proverbial rainbow from where I’m sitting, so there is great cause for optimism.

I may not have done any writing, but I have done a lot of thinking about “Twisted Key”. And no plot I ever met suffered from an overabundance of thinking.

The moving is finished, though we are still unpacking . For another, the retinal surgery is behind me and the eye is doing very well, thank you very much. I recently had a nasty bout with an Upper Respiratory Infection, and the antibiotics are well on the way to clearing that up (all of the dust from packing up an apartment and unpacking may be the cause of the URI).

And I am now working on a 22” wide-screen monitor, which is truly a miracle of modern technology. I don’t have to squint at a small CRT screen, and any headaches I suffer will NOT be due to my monitor, ever again.

It’s been hinted at on my web site, but I’ll give you a bit more information. As much as I can at this time, anyway. There will be a major price break offered to folks who purchase “The Big Bend” and/or “Hog Valley” in the next few months. I’m doing this both to mark the publication of my second novel and to encourage folks to pick up a few Christmas and Hanukah presents.

I’ll drop the prices as low as I can, and try to keep them in place at least through the first of January, 2011.

But tomorrow I go for a blood test.

No comments:

Post a Comment