I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Friday, September 3, 2010

I can’t believe it’s Friday already

 

What a week this has been. Never mind all of the mess surrounding the move from one place to another (It’s not over yet. The movers only show up tomorrow). “Hog Valley” is in production, and I’m spending so much time in ‘Meaningful Discussion’ with the production teams that I don’t have any time or energy to work on “Twisted Key”.

First off, I stipulated a font sixe for the body text, but the proof came back two sizes smaller. I told them to use the font size I’d given them, and their response was to tell me it was going to cost $200.00 of my dollars to affect the change. I said ‘No’. More on this later.

That same day the cover art proof arrive in an email and it was suggested to me to get a better quality digital photo for them to work with, because the photo I’d initially provided was way too weak on detail. So I had to drive to the artists home a few hours away, re-photograph the artwork and come back, clean up the image and let them know I had it.

When I did that I found out that the publisher had ‘waived’ the charge for the font size change. I was thoroughly wiped out by the drive, and very relieved by the change in position of the publisher.

Now I’m praying the book cover design folks won’t try to bill me for the new artwork. They didn’t screw this one up – I did…

Well, it’s Labor Day weekend. Maybe nobody will notice that little fact…

 

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment