I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Here's to a good week

Let’s make the most of it, shall we? I stopped at a local hair cuttery yesterday. Got a haircut and beard trim. This morning I realized it wasn’t such a good haircut, so I went back and pointed out a few problem spots to the lady at the desk. There are a few cowlicks, you see. I pointed them out to the woman who was going to cut my hair the other day, and told her those areas had to be cut short or the hair would for sure stick straight out like a bristle brush. So when I told the lady at the desk about it today, she checked and said, “Why that hair sticks straight out like a bristle brush!”

Duh. But she fixed it for me, so I’m happy with the place. I reckon I’ll go right back there in another month or so.

I’ve got two book signings this week, which is why I took the time to get myself cleaned up yesterday. And today, I guess. On Thursday, I’ll be in Gainesville at Books Inc on 13th St. and 5th Ave between noon and 2 pm, and on Friday I’ll be at the All About Art gallery on Hwy 441 in Belleview, south of Ocala, between seven and nine pm. There will be six authors presenting their work at the gallery. Tickets for the gallery signing are $5.00, and the proceeds go to support the Florida Literacy Coalition. It’s a good cause.

“Hog Valley” should be going to the publisher next week. Ill confirm that as soon as it leaves my computer.
In a similar vein, I am giving serious consideration to producing audio books of my novels. “The Big Bend” is available on the Kindle platform, and “Hog Valley” will be as well, but I feel I’m missing the boat by not providing my novels as audiobooks. I can’t let folks like John Grisham have all the fun, can I? This isn’t going to happen tomorrow, but soon.

Please have a safe week.

No comments:

Post a Comment