I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

First edits for “Twisted Key” and “Lonesome Cove” update

Technorati Tags: ,,

 

I picked up the manuscript from one of my editors over the weekend after a book signing in Ocala (more on that later). So far I’ve worked through the first ten chapters and expect to have this round complete by mid-week. With any luck I’ll have the edits back from my other editor near the end of the week and have it all done and ready for the publisher by the end of next week.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the few readers who have seen the manuscript ran through the entire novel in one or two sittings (I’m not sure if that’s a selling point or not; lots of people want a book that will last for a while).

“Lonesome Cove” is shaping up very nicely; I would go so far as to say that this story is writing itself. I am very close to 160 pages into the manuscript, which puts me in the unenviable position of not wanting to stop writing it to work on the edits for “Twisted Key”. But needs must when the devil drives, so I have put “Lonesome Cove” aside for a week.

“Books By George”, in Ocala is located in Six-Gun Plaza on East Silver Springs Blvd. It is a large and well laid out store with a great selection of used books and a very friendly staff. They put on quite a show Saturday. Allan Ansorge and myself were the feature authors, along with a numerologist and a temporary tattoo artist for the kids. Allan is a well-known author of mysteries and writes with a quirky sense of humor. He is very well spoken, and one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

I have an on-air interview with Larry Whittler and Robin McBlane on WOCA 1370 AM radio in Ocala on the 22nd of March at 10 o’clock in the morning, to feature my recent novel, “Hog Valley” and a book signing at “A Novel idea” bookstore in Ocala.

On the 26th of March I will be signing books at “A Novel Idea” in the Beal’s Plaza shopping Center on East Silver Springs Blvd from 12 noon to 2 PM. If you’re in the area, stop by and say hello.

Have a good week, and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment