I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Monday, February 28, 2011

“Lonesome Cove”, “Twisted Key” and upcoming events

 

“Lonesome Cove”, my fourth novel is just about writing itself. I’ve got one hundred and ten pages written as of this morning. I’ll have to stop work on it later this week to prepare for a big event in Ocala this weekend, and since I should have the edits back for “Twisted Key”  around the same time, I may take the next few weeks to work the manuscript over so I can get it off to the publishers in early April.

If all of that works out, “Twisted Key” may actually be on bookstore shelves closer to June than September. I’ll get back to work on “Lonesome Cove” as quickly as I can, but the publishing process does demand more than a little of my attention, so the writing will slow down. But this is a story that clamors to be written.

“Books By George” is an independent bookstore in the Six-Gun Plaza on Silver Springs Boulevard in Ocala. It’s a great place for book lovers. There will be several writers there on Saturday, 5 March, between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm, myself included. The woman arranging this group signing is presenting it as “Bookstock”, a 1960’s-themed book fair, with lots of attractions other than the authors.

So all you old hippies come on out, enjoy the day and buy some books!

No comments:

Post a Comment