I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

“Twisted Key” has been completed

Technorati Tags: ,,

 

I wrapped up the last of the edits for “Twisted Key” on Thursday. The manuscript is done. All of the add-on text – the Acknowledgements, Dedication page, Author’s Note and the first chapter of my next novel, “Lonesome Cove”, have been put in place. With any luck I will have the cover art in my hands near the end of the month and then I send the whole package of to the publisher. Two years worth of research, writing and rewriting and the editing is over.

My third novel, and it is done. I had expected to have the novel available in September of this year; it may well be out in July, at this rate.

Three people have seen the manuscript before the editing and all three have said it is the best yet. Very fast-paced, with a lot of humor and a few interesting asides. Katy O’Donnell owns an independent bookstore, ‘Well Loved Books’, here in Orange Park. She started reading at four in the afternoon and didn’t get up until she finished at ten that night.

Both of the editors who worked through the entire manuscript had similar reactions to the story.

I may never get rich doing this, but reactions like these will keep me writing.

“Lonesome Cove”, my fourth novel, is just about writing itself; there are 156 good pages, which puts me over the half-way point in the story. I had to stop work on it to finish the editing on “Twisted Key”, but I will be back at work on the manuscript tomorrow morning.

I’ll be doing an on-air interview at WOCA 1370AM in Ocala on the 22nd of March at 10 AM, and a book signing on Saturday, the 26th, at “A Novel Idea” bookstore in the Beal’s Plaza on Silver Springs Blvd between noon and 2 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment