I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Uniblue wrap-up, “Twisted Key” and number 4

 

Just a few words regarding Uniblue software. As I mentioned last week I submitted a request for a refund of my purchase for their SpeedUpMyPC application one day after I purchased it. They provide a 30-day money back guarantee on any purchase, and I wanted to take advantage of the offer. Twenty-four hours after I submitted my request the money WAS back in my account, so kudos to Uniblue for that.

Kudos also to GeeksToGo (www.geekstogo.com) for their invaluable help in recovering from the changes the Uniblue software made in my Registry. I strongly recommend them to anyone with any questions or problems about hardware or software. They are a fine bunch.

My third novel, “Twisted Key”, is complete and off to the editors. While I wait for feedback I am busy working on the first three chapters to my fourth novel, “Lonesome Cove”. I figure a month to six weeks for the editors to do their thing, and if I can’t get the first three chapters written in that time I’d best see if I can get a job as a Wal-Mart greeter. For sure it has to pay better than writing for a living.

Once I have the changes from the editors I’ll clean up the first three chapters of “Twisted Key” and post them on my web site to replace what’s up there now (which is seriously out of date). And when I have a clean copy of the first three chapters of “Lonesome Cove” I’ll get that posted as well. Again, you’ll be able to read them on-line or download them as *.PDF files and print them out if you prefer.

I’ve got a few events in February:

12 February – Book signing at Historic Grounds Bookstore on Walnut St. in Green Cove Springs, from 4-7 in the evening

17 February – On-Air interview on WPLK AM 800, Palatka, Fl, at 8:30 in the morning

19 February – Book signing at Andrea’s Bookstore, 308 S. SR. 19, Palatka, Fl, from 12:00 – 3:00

If you’re in the area, stop by and say hello.

I hope you have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment