I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Better Late than Never

 

Or whatever it is they say about not posting on time. I was pretty much out of it all of last week. I got out of the hospital and spent the next several days wiped out on antibiotics. Most of the time I was living in a haze, half-asleep and half bored out of my gourd. I had no energy to do much of anything. Antibiotics affects me that way, and these were doozies by anyone’s measure.

Twenty-four hours after I took the last of them I came down with a nasty head cold, and now my chest sounds like I’m carrying around half a ton of phlem. Oh, well.

I had a radio interview scheduled for this morning, so I drove down to the station in Ocala – WOCA AM, 1370 on your dial. the interview was to promote my latest novel, ‘Twisted Key” and two book signings in the Novel idea bookstores in Ocala, one of Silver Springs Blvd. and the other on College Ave across from the Paddock mall. Here’s a link to the podcast, if you want to give it a listen:

http://www.amocalalive.libsyn.com/interview-with-gary-showalter-1

Next, on Wednesday, 16 November, The Author's Show (http://www.theauthorsshow.com/) will be running a pre-recorded interview with me about my latest novel, "Twisted Key". This interview will run all day on Wednesday and should also be available as a re-run on the weekend. the Author's Show is a professionally run radio program available through the internet everywhere in the world (more or less, depending on your definition for ‘everywhere’).

Also on Wednesday of this week I will be in Green Cove Springs, Fl, at the VIA Clubhouse, 17 Palmetto Ave, Green Cove Springs, Fl, between 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. The event is a fund-raising affair, with several prizes to be raffled off, including copies of my books. If you’re in the area, please do stop by.

Here’s the schedule for those two book signings in Ocala on Saturday next:

19 November - Book signings at "A Novel Idea" bookstores in Ocala, Fl:

Silver Springs Store: 2019 E. Silver Springs Blvd. - 12:00 - 2:00 pm

College Ave store: 3131 S.W. College Ave. - 4:00 - 6:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment