I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I got out of the hospital on Wednesday of last week

 

And I’ve spent the intervening time drowning in antibiotics. Those things (in the dosages the doc prescribed) knock me on my fuzzy white butt. Zero energy to do anything but sit and stare at TV (and periodically nod off every hour or so), or whine to myself about everything I should be doing, but can’t.

I just this morning took the last dose of those meds, so I am hoping – praying – for a better day and a better me tomorrow.

There are lots of things left undone for the last two weeks, and I’ve no time to lay around and whine about poor, poor, pitiful me.

I’ve got the last third of “Lonesome Cove” pretty much mapped out; now I need to put it all down on paper and massage it a bit (or a lot). With any luck (except for bad luck) I’ll have it done by the end of December and can get it off to my editors.

“Twisted Key” is selling well, and that has driven the sales of “The Big Bend” and “Hog Valley” right along with it. The event in Middleburg was a smashing success, as far as small events with big profits goes. I sold two copies of TK to separate customers, two combinations (meaning TK + HV) and another combination with all 3 novels to another buyer. For a 0ne day event in a small town, I was very happy, indeed.

On-line sales are slow, but I expect that to grow as we move closer to the holiday season. On-line sales consist mostly of eBooks, and the most popular of the three novels is, again, “Twisted Key”.

Terry Rankin, my main character, and Cathy Diamond, the lady cop he is engaged to, are about to get a pleasant but very scary surprise. Spike, the Hemmingway, is not at all sure he’ll like it, but as a cat he is a professional at coping with what life throws his way. As long as his humans continue to feed him and give him a warm lap when he wants it, he’ll go along to get along.

Stay tuned, ladies and gents. Terry Rankin is in for the ride of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment