I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Web site changes, book signing events and more

 

I’ve added a number of new sections to the Photo Gallery ( http://garyshowalter.com/PhotoGallery.aspx ) – the major change is the addition of a section highlighting some of the pieces I built while in the workshop of Catriel Sugarman, in Jerusalem, Israel. I wish I had more pictures from those days. We did build some absolutely stunning pieces together.

Casey had the great good fortune to of acquiring a Holtzapffel lathe from a friend of his in South Africa. I had the great good fortune of restoring the lathe and using it for a few years. I loved that wonderful machine. Any real engineer would. I took lots and lots of pictures, and many of them are now in the Holtzapffel Lathe section of the Photo Gallery.

I had a great time at the Middleburg Winter Festival this weekend. Lots of nice people walking around, lots to see and do. It’s a small affair, and very well organized. Good music, good food and good weather, too. I met some very nice folks, many of whom purchased copies of my books. That’s always so encouraging.

Thursday evening will see me in Gainesville, Florida, at Books Inc, from 5:30 to 7:30. Stop by if you’re in the neighborhood. Saturday evening I’ll be at the Historic Grounds Bookstore on Walnut St. in Green Cove Springs. There will be six or eight authors present, along with some good wine and good cheese, so dress nice (I have to, so you should, too), stop by and visit for a while.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment