I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Ah, closure at last

 

Kinda-sorta, anyway. www.garyshowalter.com is more or less complete after a frantic few days of live chats and phone calls to the support teams at www.register.com. The last little hurdle to overcome (other than the still-ugly color combination) on the web site has been conquered.

For some truly bizarre reason, the ‘blog’ wound up on my home page rather than on the ‘weblog’ (so styled by register.com) and I had no idea how to move it or delete it or even hide it. I was so unsure of why it was there rather than on the blog page that I used their blog post utility to post a short test. Sure enough it was posted to the middle of my home page.

A quick call to tech support had the tech lady stumped for a few minutes but she did come back with a solution that worked and the blog was in fact automatically moved by yours truly to the actual blog page in a matter of a few seconds (hint- it’s in the site layout options, but you’ll never find it on your own).

So, it’s more or less done and I’m even going to post this entry to the web site blog page to prove it.

I’ll spend part of tomorrow fiddling around with the colors again to see if I can come up with something I can live with. Everything is is more or less the way it will remain for the nonce (no, I have no idea what a nonce is or how long it lasts).

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment