I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Friday, October 22, 2010

It’s been that kind of week…

 

I meant to post an entry on Monday, as I do most weeks, but life got in the way. Sorry about that, but it happens. I write for a living, rather than live to write as many do, or at least aspire to do. So if I have to, or want to, I do other stuff without batting the proverbial eyelid.

But I really did mean to post an entry on Monday. Really.

I will be working on “Twisted Key” over the weekend, cutting some stuff out of the first third of the MS that seems to be slowing down the pace of the story. It’s mostly background stuff from the first two novels that’s getting in the way. I wasn’t all that sure I needed to fill in the back story for new readers, but it seemed to be necessary. On the other hand, I don’t really like it when I come across that sort of thing in other people’s writing, so I feel perfectly justified in cutting it out of the MS.

Besides, a few test readers told me it slows the story down to a crawl. So there you have it; my opinions don’t always count for as much as I’d like to think they do…

The bookmarks for “Hog Valley” look really nice. I’m glad they were done before the next event at the Middleburg Historic Festival on November 6.

I’ve got four events confirmed, and four others I am committed to but don’t have dates/times for, yet. Here are the four confirmed appearances:

Book Signing Events
Fall, 2010

November 6    Middleburg Historic Festival
            9:00 - 3:00 pm

November 11    Books Inc, Gainesville
            5:30 - 7:30 PM

November 13    Historic Grounds Bookstore, Green Cove Springs
            5PM - 9PM

November 20    Andrea's Bookstore, Palatka
            12 Noon – 3PM

It’s Friday already. I hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment