I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Well, one of my editors is very happy. the other is on vacation…

I got an email from Eve Bell yesterday. She said she was taking the rewritten portion of “Twisted Key” to the library with her. I’d sent her my rewrites about a week ago, before we started to move into the new apartment.

This evening she sent me a reply. She is now a very happy editor, indeed. Lots and lots of happy words in her email about the marked increase in clarity and exposition of the plot, and she was really happy about the character development.

My other editor, Mickey Summers, who also does the cover art, is supposed to be back from vacation soon. He’s got the rewrites, too. I also need to see if he can send me new photography of the painting for the cover.

We’re shifting a lot of boxes into the new apartment this week, and with Richard (my brother-in-law) off work this weekend, I hope to have most of the boxes here by the time we quit lugging stuff on Sunday.

Because the movers are supposed to load up the furniture on Monday and bring it over.

Maybe I’ll be able to get back to work on “Twisted Key” some time next week.

Hope you’re having a more productive week than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment