I'm a writer. There, I've admitted it. I wonder if there's a 12-Step program for folks like me...

Most of this blog will be about writing for a living. Or maybe about trying to earn a living as a writer. Or maybe about trying to have a life while you write.

And maybe I'll be able to avoid the driving temptation to write about politics. But I'm not very good around temptation, so all I can promise is that I'll try to avoid writing about politics.

But I will write about the software I use, and the software I try out, and what I think about it. I actually spent lots of years in software testing - as a tester and as a manager of testing departments. I actually started work in software development in 1971, so I have a bit of experience with computers to back up what I have to say on this subject.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

It’s been a very busy week

Technorati Tags: ,

 

Maybe I’m finally getting old. I don’t remember most of it. What I do remember is shifting boxes, rearranging my room to fit more stuff into it, building tables and assembling chairs, shifting more boxes, working out an events calendar for book signings during the Fall months and scraping together the cash to cover the expenses involved.

I hate moving. I love travelling, but I purely hate moving.

On the publishing front, I did receive the proofs for the interior design layout and the book cover for “Hog Valley”. The interior proof was right on the money, but there were a few issues with the cover design. As I mentioned in a previous post, I did get in touch with the artist and requested another round of photography to get a 300 dpi image I could pass on to the design team. With any luck I’ll have that early next week.

 

So here’s the Events Calendar:

Book Signing Events

September 11     Historic Grounds Bookstore, Green Cove Springs
            4 - 7 PM

September 25    Florida Heritage Book Festival, St. Augustine
            7 AM - 5 PM

October 9        Fall Festival - Calvary United  Methodist Church, Orange Park
            10 AM – 2PM

October 16 & 17 Orange Park Festival
            7:30 AM - 6:30 PM (2 days)

November 13    Historic Grounds Bookstore, Green Cove Springs
            5PM - 9PM

November 20    Andrea's Bookstore, Palatka
            12 Noon - 3PM

 

If you’re in the north Florida area, I hope to see you at one of these locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment